Director @ Clarenbach.nl
18 years of professional experience in engineering leadership and project management of gas turbine development programs for Aerospace applications at five international organizations (oa. Rolls-Royce UK, Rolls- Royce Germany, Honeywell, Ansaldo, Aeronamic) in four different countries (United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Germany and the United States).
– Technical leader to develop, integrate and deliver large modules (Transmissions, Drive shafts and Structural Casings) for two different new aeroengine projects at a large OEM with a team of 60 persons.
– Research and Development technical leader to develop a direct drive microturbine generator for Aerospace applications involving four national technology institutes. Intellectual Property covered by patents and results presented in peer-reviewed papers.
– 10 years of experience as stress, aero-, thermodynamics and systems engineering specialist:
– Aerodynamical Design and Performance Verification of 450 kW Aero- Engine Radial Compressors.
– Structural and Thermal Assessment of Turbine Shroud Blocks, Transition Pieces, Turbine Blades and low NOx combustion liner for Industrial Gas turbines.
– Systems Engineering, Design and Prototyping of a high-speed 75 kW DC fault-tolerant air cooled motor for turbo machinery direct-drive applications.
– Systems Engineering, Design and Prototyping of high-temperature, high-speed carbon fiber (CFRP) structures.
– Aerodynamical Design of high-speed 25 kW Air Turbine driven Compressor for Aerospace application.
– Structural Design of a Front Static Frame for a Military Aero-Engine.