It is an honor and privilege to invite you to participate in this Summit.
Join the World Summit
3rd Annual Automotive Sensors and Electronics Summit
This innovative B2B event will enable the participants to learn about the latest trends and developments in Automotive Sensors and Electronics.
The highest technology companies and institutions, the most influential leaders and the latest trends all squeezed at #WAS’17
19 Keynote Speakers
The top automotive electronics experts to get you inspired.
Non-large scale B2B event for decision makers to maximize networking and business opportunities
We are pleased to invite you to the “3rd Annual Automotive Sensors and Electronics Summit” in Munich, Germany on February 22nd – 23rd, 2018.
Vonlanthen Group of Companies is thrilled to be presenting the 3rd Annual Automotive Sensors and Electronics Summit in Munich, Germany on February 22nd – 23rd, 2018.
This Summit will continue its tradition of providing a platform for leaders in the Automotive Sensors and Electronics community to come together to share their findings, discuss the latest technologies, and connect with fellow peers in the automotive industry.
So what are the emerging applications enabled by the next-generation sensors and electronics? And what are the technologies that will enable new applications? These are the key questions that will drive the discussion at this event – 3rd Annual Automotive Sensors and Electronics Summit
Join us as we continue the discussion on the challenges, solutions, and lessons learned in the ongoing debate of Automotive Sensors and Electronics suited for the modern driver.
See you in February 2018!
Talent is the key. With that in mind, we have carefully selected the biggest experts, with a proven-track record of successes in the automotive world.
We offer you the most suitable experience to your area of interest.
You can download the summit agenda.
08:30 Registration and Welcome Coffee
09:00 Opening Address from the Chairman
EMERGING SENSORS & ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGIES AND APPLICATIONS FOR THE MODERN CAR WITH NEXT-GENERTION COST & QUALITY EFFECTIVE LEVEL OF CLEANLINESS, SAFETY, RELIABILITY, FUEL CONSUMPTION, CONVIENCE, COMFORT
08:40 CASE STUDY RICHARD DIXON
New impulses for sensing in automotive: Automated driving and electrification in the new infrastructure
– In-cabin driver monitoring for L3 applications using time of flight sensing
– Technology for LIDAR-based distance sensing applications
– High quality audio experiences using micromachined microphones
– Precision navigation in support of automated driving using micromachined inertial sensors
– Current sensors for electric cars
09:10 SPONSORSHIP OPPORTINITIES
09:40 SPEED NETWORKING
An innovative approach to maximize networking capabilities through two minute periods, where delegates can meet their peers and exchange business cards before rotating to the next company representative.
10:30 CASE STUDY LUIGI BISBIGLIA
Potential business case for autonomous vehicles within the mobility services in the urban environment
– Understand sensor requirements
– Comparison between costs versus convenience for various mobility services
– Factors which have a high influence on operational costs
10:30 MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
11:00 CASE STUDY KARIM YAHIA
Emerging regulations for safe automated driving, and in conditions of adverse weather and poor visibility
– What is the evolution of international regulation on autonomous vehicles?
– What are the impacts on the development of the components: radars, ultrasonic sensor, LIDAR, camera, etc.?
– What about China, USA, etc.?
11:30 CASE STUDY ALBERTO PISONI
An Example Of Robust Engine Management System Design: Integrated Glow Plug Control
– GM is designing flexible electronic control systems able to manage a very wide range of components developed by supplier
– An exemplary case is the Fully flexible driver that has been developed to control solenoid valves – can be used to drive multiple types of solenoid injector
– Details of the design, performances and future steps are described in the paper
12:00 CASE STUDY CAROL DE VRIES
Existing and emerging uses of high temperature sensors in automotive applications
Robust and secure sensing in current and future vehicles with new demands on:
– Low or no emission
– Autonomous capabilities
– Electrical or hybrid powertrains
12:30 CASE STUDY IGNACIOO ALVAREZ TRONCOS
Challenges on sensor data fusion & embedded artificial intelligence to build
the onboard contextual safety sphere of vehicle occupant – AD use cases
– AD use cases pushed the development of a vast amount of biometrics sensors that are intended to provide driver information for safety purposes, such as machine triggered decisions
– AD regulation imposes a deterministic handling of output state vectors to trigger machine decisions as liabilities are engaged
– AI or machine learning techniques used for output vector generations are intrinsically non-deterministic
– Challenges ahead for embedded applications of sensors, fusions, and decisions based on them vs AD regulation
13:00 BUSINESS LUNCH
14:00 SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
14:30 CASE STUDY
How to classify driver distractions using only data from vehicle dynamic
and from the environment (no use of internal camera and/or driver’s monitoring system)
15:00 AFTERNOON COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
15:30 CASE STUDY ASHUTOSH TOMAR
Printed and structural Sensors & Electronics applications
– Operating elements, ADAS, ambient lighting – practical experience and emerging applications;
– Future of low weight and low package sensing in the architectures of automated and electronic cars
16:10 CASE STUDY ANDREAS MIDDENDORF
Advanced packaging for Electronics and Sensors in automotive applications
– Solutions and new research perspectives
16:50 INTERACTIVE PANEL MODERATED BY CHAIRMAN
– How to mitigate regulation risks, keeping quality and functionality standards, and reducing the cost of emerging technologies development and implementation?
– How to spread market adoption of automated and electric cars with utilised demands for better functionality?
– How will mature and how can customer acceptance be created for emerging sensor and electronics with new demands on low or no emission, autonomous capabilities, electrical or hybrid powertrains?
– The speed of development is accelerating. How to combine that with traditional automotive development cycles for high quality and no launch problems?
17:30 CHAIRMAN’S CLOSING REMARKS AND END OF DAY ONE
18:00 BUSINESS DINNER
08:00 Registration and Welcome Coffee
08:30 Opening Address from the Chairman
RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN SENSORS, ELECTRONICS, RELATED ENABLERS TO ADVANCE AND MEET REGULATION REQUIREMENTS
08:40 CASE STUDY RINAT ASMUS
AUTOSAR Adaptive Platform – A new standard to develop intelligent and adaptive automobiles
– Overview and achievements
– New challenges for improving AUTOSAR as THE software standard
– AUTOSAR Classic and Adaptive Platform – scope and differences
– Sensor standardisation in autonomous vehicles
– Roadmap and next step
CONNECTED & COGNITIVE CAR
09:10 CASE STUDY
Personalised, connected and automated driving
ADAS & AUTOMATED, SELF-DRIVING AND AUTONOMOUS CAR
09:40 CASE STUDY ALBRECHT IRION
The role of ultrasonic sensors in ADAS
– Increasing demand on near range sensing for ADAS applications
– Technology improvements on ultrasonic sensors
– Enhanced function portfolio: from comfort to safety assistance
10:10 CASE STUDY MATTHIAS MOEHLIG
The map as a sensor: the 2018 view
A fresh look at the capabilities of the new generation of high definition mapping for vehicles:
– Map as a canvas in the cloud, capturing the camera and other sensor observations of millions of cars on the road, and feeding useful infor- mation back out across the road network
– Results are proving to be dramatic: With drivers informed better than ever before about jams, potential road hazards and better route
10:30 MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
10:50 CASE STUDY JOSEF STOCKINGER
Cameras for in-cabin and driver monitoring; combining global
shutter and time of flight sensors, and key considerations
– Surround radar architecture with central sensor fusion
– Chip set for smart cameras (rear view and top-view)
– 3D ToF SPAD sensor for HMI
– 360° sensors for autonomous driving
11:20 CASE STUDY HARVEY WEINBERG
LIDAR and optical sensing in the automotive domain
– The automotive LIDAR market is not yet mature, so no standard methods of operation have been established. Even performance standards are not yet agreed upon. As a result, we see many LIDAR makers proposing widely varying systems
– Each system approach has advantages and limitations determined by physics
– Using math and physics, we will examine the advantages and limitations of each of the proposed methods of operation so that system designers can make intelligent choices
11:50 CASE STUDY RAUL BRAVO
Sensor Augmentation techniques by dedicated SoC
– Deterministic vs deep learning approaches for sensor augmentation
– Using 3D virtual sensor in real-time for ADAS & autonomous driving
– Embedding SLAM (simultaneous localisation & mapping) and DATO (detection, alert and tracking moving objects in a single chip)
12:10 BUSINESS LUNCH
HYBRID & ELECTRIC ‘GREEN’ CAR
13:40 CASE STUDY GRZEGORZ OMBACH
New sensor technologies and enablers for wireless electric vehicle charging
14:10 CASE STUDY JOHANNES GIESSIBL
Dynamic Torque Sensing for future Power Train control
– Pure torque sensing for engine and transmission management
– Real time electronic transfer case management
– Active torque management of IC and electric driven axles
– Torque assist to enhance automated gear shifting
14:30 AFTERNOON COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
14:50 CASE STUDY JÉRÔME DERN
Study of a global rating method for defining security level of embedded ECU or
System and key considerations to protect connected vehicle in a cyber insecure world
– Why a method?
– How to rate a system
– How to limit risks
– Usage and examples
INTEGRATED SAFETY & DIAGNOSTICS
15:20 CASE STUDY MARK DONOVAN
Better experience and emerging automotive applications for magnetic position sensors;
achieving the highest safety-level compliance
– What about reliability of magnetic position sensor?
– ISO 26262 – increased on-chip sensor diagnostics, sensor redundancy, and multi-die package solutions
– ISO 11452-08 – immunity to magnetic stray fields
– SiP (System in Package) packages to eliminate PCBs, low system sensor costs, increasing ESD and EMC robustness
– Low power modes for reduced sensor power consumption
15:40 CASE STUDY ROBERT HERMANN
Safety for Sensors – more than functional safety
– Stray-field robustness
– Application robustness
16:10 INTERACTIVE PANEL MODERATED BY CHAIRMAN
– How will automation, electrification, connectivity and shared mobility change technical requirements for sensors?
– How to optimise enablers for next generation automotive sensors?
– How to reduce cost and to reach better functionality by adopting sensor technologies?
– What business models of suppliers in the era of cyber security to use (who will pay for cyber security? Who will pay for security during operational car life (10 years or more))?
– How to efficiently secure factories for cyber secure products manufacturing?
16:30 CHAIRMAN’S CLOSING REMARKS AND END OF SUMMIT
Request For Brochure
This event will bring together OEMs, automotive electronics and academia to discuss and learn about their experiences with advance exhaust innovations, to network and enjoy an excellent mix of case studies, interactive panel discussions, speed networking opportunities, and workshops.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Summit in Munich, this coming February!
We’ve arranged perfect discounts with our Hotel partners to make your experience at the #WAS’17 conference as seamless and easy as possible
Our sponsorship packages are designed to offer optimum exposure for the budget that are available. For more information on the packages and to discuss your sponsorships requirements, please contact email@example.com
“Very well organized, nice location.”
Corina Iulia Muntean
“Looking forward to swap stories with peers from other companies all over the world”
"I have to say that it really looks like a great opportunity to learn tangible skills."
Our main Partners that already decided to join the efforts to bring the world an exclusive 3rd Sensors And Electronics Summit